Mediclaim Insurance Policy
The Mediclaim insurance policies or The Health Insurance policies are being issued in all the General Insurance Companies. There are certain insurance companies which provide exclusively “Health Insurance Policies”.
The Health Insurance policy covers hospitalization expenses due to diseases and also due to accident. All the pre-existing diseases are exempted from the scope of the policy. There is a time limit of new proposals like 30 days/ 1 year / 2 yrs. /4 yrs for certain diseases listed in the policy.
The Mediclaim policies are being given in various forms.
- INDIVIDUAL MEDICLAIM POLICY: covering individual in the family for individual sum insured.
- FAMILY FLOATER POLICY: is being issued to a family to cover all the members of the family under one single Sum insured.
- GROUP INSURANCE POLICY: is being issued in the name of companies, covering the employees working in their firms, if they are in large group.
- TAILORMADE MEDICLAIM POLICY: is being issued for organizations wherein hundreds of employees are working. Under this policy benefits can be extended to cover the risk from the day one without any exemption and time limit.
- SUPER TOP UP POLICY: Those who are having Mediclaim policy for a lesser Sum Insured can take this policy for a higher Sum Insured for which the premium will be very less. This policy will operate only after the exhaustion of the basic Mediclaim policy.